Monday, June 20, 2011

So much to do, so little time...



Well it is finally here! We are starting our road trip to Omaha in 2 1/2 days. I can't believe the time has finally come for us to "settle" somewhere. I mean I know you don't really ever get too settled anywhere being in the military, but you know what I'm trying to say. I am very excited to get to know our new home and FINALLY have all of our stuff with us. My biggest fear is that we'll get there and Billy will be deployed as soon as we get unpacked. I know it's not very likely, but it is always in the back of my mind.

Today I have been busy doing my least favorite moving activity...packing. I know only have a few suitcases and some baby toys, but it is still a huge pain. I better do a good job packing this time because it may not get unpacked for a couple of weeks (we don't have a place to live yet so we will be staying at the AFB hotel). It'll be exciting living in a hotel room with no separate rooms for an undetermined period of time with and infant. We will get super good at tip toeing around!

I'm crazy excited because I am going to see my parents in the next couple of weeks. They live only about 8 hours away from Omaha so my mom (and maybe my dad) is going to come out and help me unpack and take care of Zoey. Also, I get to see my best friend Gina when I drive back to Wisconsin so I am just looking forward to a lot in the next month. BTW, if anyone is in the Omaha or Milwaukee area give me ring and we'll hang out!


The bruise pretty much went away and this is all that was left after I iced it. (not a great pic of Zoey)

What else? Hmmmm. Zoey feel and bashed her forehead on the coffee table today and now she has a bruise above her left eye. Poor little girl! She cried for a good half hour until she finally fell asleep in my arms. It looks like I can't even turn my head for a second or she is going to hurt herself bad.


One of Zoey's favorite activities

In other news, I have started a diet and exercise program and I am working really hard to lose the last few pounds of baby chub and then some. The goal is to be back to my high school weight. I have already started feeling better and I am slowly but surely noticing the changes. By the end of the year I am going to be one hot momma. I just want to feel confident, healthy, and beautiful again so I am taking charge. It helps to write about it in our blog so that I am motivated to stick with it.

That's all for now. See ya!


3 comments:

John Fawson said...

What a great picture, Zoey & Coco are so adorable. Hope your having fun in Nebraska. The kids can't wait to see Zoey and Coco soon!

-John

Mychaela said...

COCO COCO COCO COCO COCO COCO COCO COCO
SHELLY SHELLY SHELLY SHELLY SHELLY SHELLY SHELLY
ZOEBUG ZOEBUG ZOEBUG ZOEBUG ZOEBUG ZOEBUG
BILLY BILLY BILLY BILLY BILLY BILLY BILLY BILLY BILLY

LUV U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mychaela said...

luv u shelly luv u billy luv u coco luv u zoey