Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Hi!



"Hi! Hi! Hi! Hi!" That is what I get to hear over and over and over again. Zoey has learned this new word and says it to anyone and anything she can. We went for a walk yesterday and I think she said "hi" to every tree, leaf, fence, and car that we passed by. I must say, it's pretty cute. In the morning we go to wake up Billy and she starts patting his shoulder saying "Hi daddy!" and I swear his face lights up. Do I ever get a "Hi mommy!"? No. Am I hurt? A little. I know I just need to be patient but...come on already!!

In other news, I am a mere 9 lbs away from my goal weight! I have been working crazy hard and I am so excited to finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. I may try losing a few extra pounds once I hit my goal, but that is in the future. Most of my pants are too big and I must say, it feels great. I am running out of cute clothes to wear, but I think I'll survive. In a couple of months I will be able to say that I have lost well over 50 lbs since having my sweet little Zoey and I will be 25 lbs under my pre-pregnancy weight. Woot!

Billy is on swing shift now so I have been spending my afternoons and nights alone. It's been nice to have some me time, but it does get a little quiet around the house. I have been exercising and cleaning to keep busy and also prepping for work the next day.

Which brings me to my next topic: My new job. I just got a job working from home and so far it has been great. I am adjusting to being a working mom, but at least I get to be home with Zoey while I am earning a paycheck. It's nice to be able to feel like I am helping out financially while still be there for my husband and child whenever they need me. Plus, now I can go shopping for some clothes that fit and maybe get some new shoes just for kicks. :)

Life in Omaha has been great for our family. We definitely miss all of our wonderful Utah friends and family, but the people here have been so kind and welcoming to us. We have been blessed so much and I am grateful that we have such an amazing life.

What else? I am crazy excited to go to Seattle next month and see Billy's family! It will be great to spend some time with the family and get to know our new niece and nephew. We can't wait to see you Owen and Maren! Zoey is going to have a blast getting to know her aunts, uncles, and cousins.

Speaking of Zoey...did you know she turns 1 year next month? 1 year!!! My baby won't be a baby anymore, she'll be a toddler. Time really has flown by.

Time to finish for the night. I haven't taken too many pics, but here are the ones that I managed to get. There is a picture of me during my show and some fun videos of Zoey. Enjoy!







2 comments:

Mychaela said...

I can't wait to see you for zobugs birthday !!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.uk.essay-writing-place.com/ said...

Wow, it is nice to hear you finally made your dreams come true and saw that long-waiting "light at the end of the tunnel"...It was nice to hear about tour baby's achievements) I do hope you'll hear "hi mommy" soon)!!